Note to all Flatbed Drivers!
First, I want to thank all of you who are sending in pictures of your loads to Buchanan's Pic email.
For those who do not, please remember that it is a requirement to send in pictures of each of your loads to email@example.com. We require that you send in pictures of your loads to the pics email for several reasons:
1. To cover yourself, and Buchanan, if there is a cargo claim! With proper photos, we can prove to a shipper/receiver that if there was damage to the freight that it was not caused by our drivers. This might also get you off the hook for any potential charges you and/or Buchanan may incur for a cargo claim!
2. It helps us catch potential issues with securement. We try to look at these photos to catch issues with securement that may lead to you getting pulled in or over by DOT and getting a OOS ticket for something that could be avoidable. Even more importantly this allows us to identify potential safety hazards that will help save your life or the life of a fellow traveler.
3. Teaching! We utilize a lot of these photos to train and instruct other drivers on what to do and not to do with a specific load or commodity. We spend time with every new flatbed driver on Buchanan policies and requirements and we use these photos, every single day, as examples.
- 4-6 pictures of each load
- One from each side showing securement
- One or two if the load is tarped
- One or two after you get to the receiver showing that the load was not damaged during transit
Email photos to Pics@buchananhauling.com and put your load number in the subject line.
We appreciate all your hard work, please keep it up and feel free to call with any questions or concerns!
Cargo Securement Manager
260-471-1877 ext 2197